Thursday 21 April 2011

We Have All The Time In The World

   I’ve finally got the chance to write about the last few days. It’s been so busy that I haven’t had time to sit and reflect upon it so I shall catch up now. I will probably write two, or even three blogs so that it doesn’t consist of a 2,000 word essay in one go! The blog title comes from a song which Rachel loves and she played it for me in Florence on our ride.

   Monday began my second full week at home on the Easter Holidays. For third years', they should last forever in terms of not having to go back to university for anything other than deadlines and Graduation. So fingers crossed! On Monday, I wrote my blog about the 30 Seconds to Mars song, and whilst doing that I found myself on Facebook as usual. Rachel should have been revising but, instead, she fancied a drive. I was only reading through essays so we arranged to go for a ride out to Hollingworth Lake. This is where we went to experiment with cameras for Media four years ago!

   I got picked up mid afternoon and had to answer Rachel’s phone as we were riding through Swinton because Andy had decided he wanted to meet us. However, he had managed to get lost. We had no idea where he had ended up, but whilst he was on the phone beside his motorbike, some bikers stopped and took him to ‘Broughton Pool’. I thought there was only one pool in the area so considered that it would be simple to find him now. Except the bikers took him to the ‘Fit City’ - it was the leisure centre WITHOUT a pool.

   When we finally met up, Rachel led Andy to the motorway giving him plenty of distance so that there wouldn’t be an accident if she had to break suddenly. We passed a woman on a manual bike towing a cart. She had two children in it and a baby in a car seat! I’m not sure why we trusted him but Andy insisted that, when we were on the motorway, he would know the way and that we should follow him. Of course, when we found ourselves on the road into Rochdale and Andy looked to be slightly confused, we knew then that we were lost. We had to continue in a queue down a main stretch and turn around in a college car park. Needless to say, we didn’t get to the lake.

   Time was getting on and Andy was supposed to be home for seven to let Adele into the flat. So we made our way home via The Rock in Bury and waited in the flat to go for tea at The Cock Hotel in Worsley. This was the second time I had been to the flat.

   On the previous Friday, a few of us were invited round to Andy and Adele’s for an unofficial housewarming. The flat is very close to where my parents had their first home in Walkden. It’s on the ground floor and adapted for disabled access. The corridor is therefore quite wide past a spacious bathroom on the left, large bedroom to the right and a second bedroom at the end. The living space and kitchen are together on the right as you walk in the front door. I thought the kitchen was relatively small but they had managed to feed four for two nights previously so perhaps it is deceptive!  

   Rachel brought Tom just after I had arrived and they went on a mini tour. Soon we were all chatting in the living room, we played cards for the first time in ages and proceeded to play ‘Spin the Bottle’ with my Blue WKD. We have a bit of an issue thinking up truths and dares sometimes, so Andy used his new phone to find an Android app for it. We tried a few which involved Tom drinking Olive Oil and Rachel answering rather personal questions! This lasted right up until the end of the night but we had a good time and I’m sure there will be more!

No comments:

Post a Comment